Healthy Chocolate Protein Donuts to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth! [Recipe]
BookCulinaryVacations.com is the best source for booking your culinary travel experience. We are the largest culinary travel website with 368 organizers in 267 destinations in the world.
Start exploring them now
We are always looking for ways of making of making meals healthier while keeping them equally delicious. On this post, we decided to share with you one of our favorite breakfast recipes ever: Healthy chocolate protein donuts!
Donuts are by far one of our favorite sweets, however, as we all know, they are perhaps of the unhealthiest desserts out there: made of fried dough and filled with sugar and topics that usually include cream and well, more sugar. That said, they are scrumptious treats and we at Faviana Glam & Gowns, believe that it’s totally fine to enjoy them in moderation!
But if you are looking for a little more permanent solution to your donut cravings, we suggest to whip up a batch of our healthy chocolate protein donut recipe:
The ingredients you’ll need:
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup of oatmeal or almond flour
- 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of light butter
- 3 tablespoons of natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of Xylitol (looks and tastes like sugar, but has fewer calories and doesn’t raise blood sugar levels)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 75g of natural Greek yogurt
- Half a tablet of dark chocolate without sugar
- Rainbow sprinkles made of natural dyes (Amazon) or crushed peanuts
Image credit: skinnyminniemoves
How to prepare:
- To create the frosting, melt the half tablet of dark chocolate with the 3 tablespoons of peanut butter, you can do this on the stove or in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F.
- Mix the flour, protein powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda in one bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the eggs, egg white, butter, yogurt, and sweetener. Once these are very well mixed, add the contents of the first bowl into the second one and mix well.
- Put the mixture into a donut pan previously greased, baked for approximately 10 minutes. Be mindful of the time or they can get somewhat dry because of the protein powder.
- Spread the chocolate frosting on top. You can add rainbow sprinkles or smashed peanut pieces. Enjoy!
Image credit: skinnyminniemoves
Each of these donuts contains 108g calories, 7g fats, 3g carbs and 8g protein (approximately). You can eat around 2 as a healthy mid-afternoon snack and enjoy the sweetness while knowing you are staying healthy!
These are delicious and so healthy. Each ingredient provides many benefits, and you will notice you feel filled and with more energy during the day. We need protein in our bodies because it helps us build our muscles, bones, skin, blood and it even makes you grow healthy hair and nails. It also helps your body build and repair tissues and other important enzymes and hormones!
Looking to learn how to make healthy versions of your favorite desserts and pastries? Why not sign yourself up for a baking and pastry vacation? At BookCulinaryVacations.com, you’ll find a vast selection that suits your needs & preferences!