“Eat, live, and experience Tuscany like a Medici prince!”
7 Days Italy Culinary Tour with Giuliano & Lael Hazan
- Localita l'Amorosa, 53048 Sinalunga, Tuscany, Italy
An over-the-top Food and Wine Tour of Tuscany
Eat, live and experience Tuscany like a Medici prince guided by Giuliano Hazan and his wife Lael. You will lodge five nights at the extraordinary Locanda dell’Amorosa, nestled in the hills above Montepulciano, and a night in the center of Florence, a five minute walk from the Piazza del Duomo.
Visit some of the region’s finest food artisans, benefiting from an insider’s access that tourists rarely have. Go on a truffle hunt and learn from a veteran tartufaio; visit a dynamic and innovative chocolatier from the famous Tuscan “chocolate valley”; make your own Amaretti cookies at an artisanal bakery; and visit one of the top sheep’s milk cheese producers in Pienza, a honey producer in Montepulciano, and an artisanal pasta producer near Pisa.
Giuliano and Lael have found restaurants that will cook memorable meals for you. Marilisa Allegrini, one of the Italy’s most honored wine producers, will be selecting your wines. You will visit Marilisa's two Tuscan wineries, San Polo in Montalcino, and Poggio al Tesoro in Bolgheri, the land of Super Tuscans.
- Experience a truffle hunt
- Visit to famous local food artisans
- Visit to a family run artisanal pasta factory
- Plate painting class with a traditional manufacturer
- Visit to a stylish and innovative chocolatier
- Meals prepared by renowned chefs
- 6 nights luxurious accommodation
- 6 days with instruction
You will be staying for five nights at the breathtaking Locanda dell'Amorosa, located in the province of Siena, just outside Sinalunga. The rooms are comfortable, they have everything that you may need and the surroundings will take your breath away. Your sixth night will be spent at the Grand Hotel Cavour in Florence The building dates back to 1280, and has been adapted as a comfortable hotel where you will find excellent hospitality and services. It is situated in the heart of Florence in front of the magnificent Bargello Palace, five minutes away from the Piazza della Signoria and the Duomo.
- Check in at Locanda dell'Amorosa in Sinalunga and meet your group.
- Enjoy a gala welcoming dinner.
- Visit to Marilisa Allegrini's San Polo estate in Montalcino.
- Have lunch at the winery.
- Dinner will be in Montalcino.
- Trip to San Giovanni d'Asso where you will meet a tartufaio, who will lead you on a truffle hunt. After a successful hunt you will have a truffle based lunch followed by a visit to one the top producers of the famous sheeps milk cheese of Pienza.
- For dinner, you will savor an authentic Chianina beef T-bone steak.
- You will travel to Deruta, Umbria, famous for its ceramics.
- You will visit one the traditional manufacturers that will teach you how to paint your very own plate. After you leave, your finished product will be fired and shipped to your home.
- You will have lunch in the small town of Bevagna, prepared by Simone.
- After lunch, you will drive to the medieval jewel of Assisi, where you will have free time to explore on your own.
- You will have dinner back at l'Amorosa.
- Visit to an artisan bakery that produces traditional Tuscan sweets where you will get to try your hand at making amaretti cookies.
- After your visit, you will drive to the Tuscan coast for a seafood lunch, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.
- After lunch you will visit Poggio al Tesoro, Marilisa Allegrini's winery in Bolgheri, where you will blend your very own Super Tuscan.
- Check out and departure to Lari, where you will visit a family run artisan pasta factory.
- After the visit, you will have lunch and then proceed to visit a stylish and innovative chocolatier in the famous Tuscan chocolate valley.
- Afterwards you will head to Florence to check in at the Grand Hotel Cavour.
- You will have dinner at l'Enoteca Pinchiorri, one of only 8 Michelin three-star restaurants in Italy.
- Excursions to Bevagna, Assisi, Bolgheri, and Florence
- Trip to Deruta, Umbria where you will paint plates
- Visit to Montalcino where you will have lunch at a winery
- Visit to Pienza for a cheese taste
- Visit to San Giovanni d'Asso for a truffle hunt and a truffle-based lunch
This holiday will take place in Tuscany, Italy.
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Dining area
- Mini bar
- Hair dryer
- Parking lot
- Wireless internet
In this tour you will savor some of the best Italian dishes and memorable meals at the best restaurants in Tuscany. Renowned chefs will be cooking memorable meals for you at the most exclusive restaurants in Tuscany. You will also enjoy a lunch based on truffles after an exciting hunt. You will taste delicious wines at famous wineries, visit a famous chocolatier, prepare amaretti cookies and taste some cheeses at a local farm.
- All field trips
- Full breakfasts
- Nine meals at the finest restaurants
- Six nights accommodation
- Transfer from Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO) in Rome to Locanda dell'Amorosa
- Transportation in air-conditioned bus
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
Please send Giuliano Hazan an inquiry for driving directions.
Arrival by airplane
You can arrive to Leonardo da Vinci International Airport (FCO) in Rome. Giuliano Hazan will pick you up from the airport. The pick-up is included in the price.
Arrival by train
At Sinalunga there is a train station with connections for Siena and Chiusi, once in Chiusi you can connect with the Rome line.
For information about the booking conditions, please send Giuliano Hazan an inquiry.