Jarusha Brown Canada
Ecologico Tours Facebook page
Such a wonderful trip! My husband and I did a road bike trip through Umbria and it was fantastic! Everything from Paolo delivering and setting our bikes up for us, the the beautiful side roads we cycled on, to the gorgeous hotels every night - all fantastic! We were even well taken care of when we accidentally left our passports at a hotel and had to call Petra for help. I can't say enough good things about our trip with Ecologico Tours and will not only recommend them to friends but we are already planning another trip with them :)
Thank you so much!
a traveler United States
Paolo and Petra run a first-rate operation. We didn't know what to expect when we booked a self-guided six-day, 40 mile/day bicycle trip around Umbria. As it turned out, it surpassed our every expectation. So here are the great things you can expect from these folks:
1. Fantastic bikes. I had a brand new Bianci, and my fiance had a really good Bianci too. His was super-big (he's 6' 4"). They handled perfectly. We were amazed to get such great bikes. They came with absolutely everything we needed: panniers, odometers, front pouch, emergency gear, etc.
2. The planning for the rides was superb. Every little turn was written down for us, with descriptions of elevation gain, whether there were groceries or restaurants on the way, etc. We only got lost once, and that was in a very tricky area with no signs.
3. Hotels were exactly as advertised. We chose three-stars, and these were just fine. Breakfasts were hearty enough to sustain us.
4. The routes were challenging, but do-able. We are relatively fit people in our early 60's, and were able to do the 40 miles, even with difficult hills. We were exhausted at the end of the day, but that's what we'd wanted.
5. The routes included the key towns in the area, in terms of beauty, history and museums. Later, when we went to a museum in Rome to learn more about the Etruscans, we discovered that we had been to the highlights on our bicycle tour.
We are already planning another trip, hopefully with Ecologic Tours. You can absolutely trust them. Thanks, Paulo and Petra, for a dream vacation.